(Click on the thumbnail for enlargement.)
Medina stone, Rayduct floor, 2.5 baths, 4 bdrms, 2940 sq ft
Received Blue Ribbon award
Jim Weller provided this description: “This was part of the Henry L. Marsh property at 845 Allens Creek Rd. Marsh was the original developer of the Knollwood Dr. tract. Marsh sold his dwelling plus 8 acres to H. O. Wallace in the 1929. In 1944 Wallace sold his home, including this lot, to Robert A. Bristol and Lawrence A. Hayes. Bristol and Hayes then subdivided the parcel into three lots (835 Allens Creek, the original home at 845 Allens Creek and the back lot behind the home at 825 Allens Creek Rd.) The first owner/occupants were Dr. Silas F. Scinta and his wife Anne M. Dr. Scinta was born in Sicily in 1899. His wife was born in 1901. He died in Spring TX in 1982. Anne died in Spring TX in 1981. They lived in this home until 1954 when they sold it to Roy and Donna Marks, Marks was a VP at Shuron Optical. They sold the home in 1962 to Howard A. (Ruth S.) Schumacher who lived here until 1968 when they sold the property to Jacob and Grace A Bigeleisen. Jacob was a professor at the U. of R. From 1978 to 1988 the prop was owned by Michael & Lorraine Baer. Michael was a psychologist. In 1991 it was acquired by Raymond C. Delmontem the Pres. of Wolfe Assocs.”
(All but the first 8 photos are from the real estate listing.